Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pink hair - success!

Well, it worked! Not without a couple of scares though. First, my husband looked at me like I was crazy when I said I was going to sleep with the dye in. He said, isn't that going to damage your hair? I said, who knows? It's only the ends, right? He said, it's like half your hair. Look on the internet to see what they say.

So I looked on the internet, and everyone was like HALF AN HOUR AT MOST OR YOUR HAIR WILL DISINTEGRATE LIKE THE BAD GUY IN INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE! All right, they didn't actually use the Indy reference, and thus their advice was not worthy of being listened to. So instead I took it out of the plastic bag and tugged on the ends, and they were kind of crispy but it was a "you have sugary cooldrink in your hair" kind of crispy and not a "your hair is turning into powder" kind of crispy. So I put the plastic bag back on and went to sleep.

The second scare was when I was sleeping, I dreamed I woke up and washed my hair and all the dye came out and it was no different from before, and I was all AAARGH THAT SUCKS and then I woke up again and realised it had just been a dream, so then I went and washed it out for real this time, and conditioned it, and dried it in the sun, and now it looks like this:



I am exceedingly happy with the way it's turned out. My husband likes it, my mother is amused/shocked, my father amused/indifferent, and I've got one non-family compliment so far. Can't wait to see what people think at the gallery, since I am in possibly the only field where pink hair will enhance my professional image.

Action shot (I can't model):



Oh, by the way, what do you guys (anyone out there!) think of the etiquette of posting photos? Narcissistic to show my face? Creepy not to? Are outfit posts irredeemably shallow, as I've been thinking of starting to do them occasionally?  Help me out here, please!

3 comments:

  1. Ah wow, what a great result! You managed to get it worked in nicely so it fades into the colour - I was worried it might be natural colour->horrendous border -> pink. LOL. You must let me know how long it lasts!

    Regarding the photos, I think not showing your face is your choice. By now it's part of your blog and makes it more unique - like Wilson in home improvement :P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you didn't mention that before I saw the result - you are the soul of tact ;)

    I've never seen Home Improvement, am I missing out? And who's Wilson? Right now I'm thinking of the basketball with the face on in that Tom Hanks movie that I haven't seen either. And imagining:
    1) That my real face looks like that
    2) Photoshopping it into all my photos XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I've never been accused of tact before. Must be something I ate... :P

      Ag Home Improvement was an amusing 90s sitcom ;). Wilson is the next door neighbour who gives the main couple advice in each episode. But whenever they speak, you can only see his eyes. The rest of his face is always obscured by the fence, or something he is holding up. But they go to ridiculous lenghts to conceal his face sometimes :P.

      Delete